Code of Practice & Pricing Policy
What can I typically save?
We offer a minimum saving of a tax equivalent discount vs. the average UK High Street Price or RRP on our products*, 365 days a year wherever you are flying to. You can save even more on selected products and categories.
- Fragrance - We offer a saving of 20% vs the UK average high street price, with additional savings of 40% versus the UK average high street price on some key fragrances.
- Alcohol - We offer a saving of between 20% and 50% off versus the UK average high street price on selected surveyed Duty Free lines
- Confectionery/Food product categories - Different taxes apply to products in this category. We therefore offer a different range of confectionery/food items – in terms of formats, size, limited editions, novelties and travel exclusive products etc. – compared to those that can be found on the high street.
- Skincare & Cosmetics - Tax equivalent savings vs. the average UK High Street Price
- Luxury, Souvenirs, Toys & Electricals - Tax equivalent savings vs. the recommended retail price
What if I find it cheaper elsewhere?
With our Price Promise Guarantee if you find the same product cheaper at a non-promotional price on the UK High Street within 28 days of purchasing any product from us we will refund you the difference. In accordance with best practice high street retailers our pricing policy does not cover online retailers. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
What is the average UK High Street Price?
We commission an independent company to survey well known high street stores, including major multiples, department stores and specialist retailers, to find the products we stock. Where a product priced is identified with at least two or more retailers we then create an average UK High Street Price and we then benchmark our prices against this average UK High Street Price. Savings are displayed online and on tickets in-store.
How often do you survey?
We survey our fragrance, liquor, skincare and cosmetics lines four times a year. On luxury lines, ongoing price checks are made against the RRP as provided by our suppliers.
Which High Street Shops do you compare against?
We survey 2 different sets of stores to give us our average UK High Street Price; these include well-known supermarkets, high street and department stores.
Fragrance, Skincare & Cosmetics Survey Stores - Boots, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Selfridges, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop.
Alcohol Survey Stores - Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Tesco, Waitrose Cellar, Majestic, Harrods, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, The Whisky Shop, Master of Malt, Hedonism Wines, Whisky Exchange
Why do I need to show my boarding card to purchase products at your store?
It is an HMRC requirement that customers show their boarding passes for all purchases in this store.
Does your pricing policy apply to the products in all of your stores?
No. Tobacco and Confectionery are excluded from this policy in all locations.
Some alcohol products purchased in our World Duty Free stores on a P&O Ferry are excluded. This is because prices vary depending on the route of the Ferry, as the prices are based on the duty of the country you are in when the goods are purchased.
We are also only able to offer a Price Promise for purchases made at Eurotunnel UK, because in the UK average high street prices are independently surveyed. The Price Promise does not cover Eurotunnel France, as we do not independently survey high street prices in France, but instead aim to align our prices with those of the hypermarkets and supermarkets.
Hermes and Bvgari stores are also excluded from this policy.
*What is not included in your pricing policy?
- Selected 70cl liquor lines where we guarantee to match the lowest non-promotional supermarket price
- Individual products that cannot be found in 2 or more of our surveyed stores
- Products produced exclusively for us
- Products where we donate part of our profits to charitable causes
Full details and terms & conditions can be found here.